We′re looking for a talented art director with a head on his or her shoulders and a pencil in hand to shepherd campaigns and promotions from inception to completion for a variety of clients and industries. Excellent design and conceptual skills are a must, backed by three to five years of experience. At Associated we are about human-to-human communication that cuts through the clutter and connects personally with our target audiences. If you feel the same, give us a shout. You′ll enjoy competitive benefits in a unique and supportive team-oriented environment.
The Art Director is responsible for conceptualization and execution of all visual elements for assigned jobs/projects, ensuring that visuals are compelling and support overall messaging.
- Reports to Executive Creative Director and Associate Creative Director.
- Is responsible for concepting, design and execution of art for assigned client group or other assigned projects.
- Is responsible for the quality and creative excellence of the visual elements of the print material and other media for assigned clients.
- Directs staff designers on projects for his/her assigned clients.
- Accepts assigned projects from the Executive Creative Director as necessary to balance workload and/or meet deadlines.
- Participates in client briefings and client presentations when deemed advisable.
- Participates in creative briefings at the beginning of each project.
- Works with Creative Director/Copywriter to determine a creative strategy on each project.
- After determining a creative strategy, works with Creative Director/Copywriter to produce a number of creative concepts appropriate to the project.
- Provides visual design that meets and enhances the agreed upon creative strategy and concepts.
- Works with Production Department to help estimate project costs.
- Is responsible for specifying papers, colors, varnishes and all other printing elements.
- Is responsible for alerting the Production Department when there is a change in the specs of a job that will affect the project′s cost, or the amount of time that will be needed to complete the project.
- Is responsible for working within any assigned budgets, and for monitoring own time accumulated on each job.
- Coordinates the selection of photographers, illustrators and other outside art sources. Obtains estimates and requests purchase orders from Production Department for outside art source work.
- Teams with Creative Director to direct photo shoots, and all other outside art development.
- Directs and approves work performed by Production Artists.
- Is responsible for checking all artwork before releasing for materials or printing. Approves print proofs, and makes press checks as necessary.
- Maintains a list of freelance artists, illustrators, photographers, photo retouchers and other outside art sources.
- Maintains a library of paper stocks, fonts and other art-related resources.
- Maintains a file of the logos pertinent to assigned clients.
- Is responsible for helping to educate, train and develop the skills of staff designers.
- Is responsible for keeping current with design trends, techniques and technology.